Metal Drive 2014!
Public Drop-off days
Sunday, May 25 AND Saturday, June 7 8:00-3:00
Cascade Concrete, Horizon Flats Road, Winthrop
What you can bring (If it's metal, we're interested!)
- Appliances - washers, dryers, pressure tanks= free
- refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners= $15 purging fee for appliances that contain or once contained coolants.
- Things with engines - old farm, garden, and lawn equipment. ALL fluids must have been properly drained prior to delivery. Also, remove as much plastic & rubber as possible.
- Wire, cable, pipe, chain - barbed wire (rolled up!), electrical wire, plumbing parts, logging cable & chain
- Scrap steel and iron - cast iron (porcelain enamel OK), miscellaneous metal, rusty stuff, bike frames, satellite dishes, old bed springs, etc.
- Non-ferrous metals - copper wire & pipe, aluminum doors & windows (NO GLASS!), aluminum wire, irrigation pipe & roofing, stainless steel
What can't you bring:
Generally, things that aren't metal, would make a mess when crushed, or are dangerous. We reserve the option to reject any item, but please don’t bring electronics, microwave ovens, closed containers (especially fuel, paint, or pesticide containers), anything containing liquids (storage tanks, engines, etc.), vehicles.
Look for the Metals Reuse Sale -
New This Year! Useful and artistic metal pieces and objects will be sold in mid-June. Look for details of location and dates at www.methowrecycles.org.
Please call Gina at 341-4264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Methow Recycles.
What's so special about Methow Recycles Metal Drives?
5 things to know about Methow Recycles metal drives –
We think it great that there are now many choices for community members to get their scrap metal, large and small, recycled. It means that this valuable resource is being utilized and our properties are getting cleaned up. We want to make the choice offered by Methow Recycles clear:
- Methow Recycles has been hosting metal drives every few years since 1998 as a fundraiser for Methow Recycles. The sale of all metal collected supports our programs for whole valley.
- This year we will be facilitating the harvest of good, reusable materials and making them available to the public for sale before recycling them.
- We protect vehicle and property owners as well as Methow Recycles by meticulously following the laws regarding titles and paperwork for vehicles.
- We keep the valley clean by keeping the metal moving and by preventing soil contamination from vehicle fluids.
- It can be a lot of work for property owners and our volunteers, but over the last 16 years, our observation is that most have found it to be fun and satisfying.
Metal Drive 2010
|Volunteers||Collection Day||Les Schwab||Scrap Pile|