Our programs have grown and so have the opportunities for volunteers to make a difference! See below for a partial list of the many types of roles available to volunteers - please get in touch if one of these speaks to you!
You can sign up for many of our volunteer opportunities online at Volunteer Methow. If you have questions or don't see the task you're interested in listed at Volunteer Methow, feel free to give us a call at 997-0520, or drop us a line!
At the center during our regular open hours:
- Recycling Center Ambassador - Answer questions and help folks recycle
- Take-It-or-Leave-It Assistant (Materials Reuse) - manage reusable items
- Recycling Baler - Smash Stuff! Work with materials & equipment
- Tool Library - Help manage our tool library and maintain tools
- Staff an activity/information table at Farmer's Markets, other community events
- Education events - where we focus on kids
- Event recycling - attend community events as a "goalie" for the waste/recycling stations
- Repair Cafes - fixers and greeters needed
Odd jobs (mostly) on your schedule :
- Ambassador/Eco-leader - learn what we know to help your friends and neighbors
- Put up flyers for events like repair cafes
- Adopt-a-highway litter cleanup (E. County Rd.)
- Office help - data entry, mailings, etc.
- Ad hoc projects - (weed whacking, spring cleaning, small construction, etc.)
Board and committees:
- Our Board of Directors has openings for members most years due to term limits
- Finance Committee
- Development Committee
- Education Committee
Come volunteer with us!